which birb are you?
From the darkness of the sea rose a tiny squid, it's back adorned with small fairy wings. As it rose it spoke and thus was said; "I am PixieSquid." before it descended back into the inky darkness from wence it came.
which birb are you?
Kinesin is a protein that moves things around the cell. That filament is a protein strand that gives the cell structure. That vesicle is a big blob full of cellular product that the cell wants to transport somewhere else. It is driven by ATP hydrolysis. (Source) (Video)
Sooo wierd o.o
- Finding Life Beyond Earth and Solar System: Take a trip to distant realms of our solar system to discover where secret forms of life may lie hidden.
- The Cell: In this three-part BBC series, Dr Adam Rutherford tells the extraordinary story of the scientific quest to discover the secrets of the living cell.
- A Universe From Nothing: Lawrence Krauss gives a talk on our current picture of the universe, how it will end, and how it could have come from nothing.
- Absolute Zero: This two-part scientific detective tale tells the story of a remarkable group of pioneers who wanted to reach the ultimate extreme: absolute zero, a place so cold that the physical world as we know it doesn’t exist.
- Brain Story: Why do we think and feel as we do? For years man has sought to understand the workings of the mind. Now, with advances in modern-day technology, a whole new world of brain research is opening up.
- Health: Body Builders: Can organs be built in the lab? This documentary opens up new ways to study disease, the immune system and why organ transplants may be a thing of the past.
- Through the Wormhole: Is Time Travel Possible?: A documentary that looks at time travel from all possible directions. It also investigates consequences.
- Seven Wonders of the Microbe World: This little documentary is talking about Microbes and why some are good, some are bad and what they have done for mankind.
- Weirdest Planets: This documentary shows types of planets that we have discovered and just how strange some of them really are
- Who’s Afraid of a Big Black Hole: Black holes are one of the most destructive forces in the universe, capable of tearing a planet apart and swallowing an entire star. This documentary takes us to the heart of a black hole and then to the very edge of what we think we know about the universe.
East of Kensington is a dark introspective look into the tale of Peter Pan. It shows us the grim reality of this fairy tale. It’s 20 minutes long. When I was 10, I was obsessed with Peter Pan (mostly Jeremy Sumpter from Peter Pan 2003). If an attractive male showed up at my window and whisked me away to a magical land full of fairies, mermaids, and pirates, I would be ecstatic. But this short film makes me doubt all of it. (Watch it here) (Masterpost of creepy short films)
THIS WAS THIS WRITTEN FROM THE DEPTHS OF LUCIFERS SOULESS BLACK HEART I CAN NEVER THINK ANOTHER HAPPY THOUGHT AGAIN THANKS SIXPENCEEE
Staglieno Cemetery, Genoa, Italy. This is the grave of Italino Lacomelli, the child that died on the 16 August 1925. He was five years old and a victim of to a killer while he played in the public garden with his hoop. His mother already had died. The father, Donatello Iacomelli (1889/1976) was buried in the same grave as the childs mother. (Source) Other Graveyard Posts: (The Weeping Woman) (Angel of Death) (Compilation of Gravestones, Part 1, Part 2)
Please note: “everyone who works retail, admin, or labor” is pretty much everyone. I can’t remember the last time I worked somewhere without “security” cameras that monitored employees.
I’m having a good laugh right now because our associates just got collectively reprimanded for leaning on the counters during 8 hour shifts on their feet, because it isn’t “professional” looking. So apparently they can put up with a camera over their shoulder to make sure they do their jobs correctly, but a cop with a gun cant?
There is only one reason a cop would resist having a bodycam, and it’s the same reason they try to scare you away from filming them and it’s the same reason they’d tape over their badges and it’s the same reason racists love the Anon feature and it’s the same reason the KKK wears hoods.
In the age of thermoplastics and resins paper mache seems a little unglamorous and low-tech, but it’s still worth considering as a material if you’re getting into prop and armor-making. If you have low budget for your project but plenty of time in which to complete it, it’s worth a thought.
artifact from the haunted house we went to last night.
the story behind this house is that the father snapped one day and locked his children in a closet. if you find the closet you can see scratch marks from the children trying to escape. he also killed the mother and then killed himself. people who go claim to see dark figures or blood on the carpet/walls. we couldn’t find the closet (the house was pretty big) but I still got the chills being in there.